Do you want an easy and quick ham sandwich for your tea party or simple snacks? This is best if you are going to use honey-baked ham. If you can’t find one, any other thinly sliced ham at grocery stores will do. Once you’ve had this, you’ll keep coming back to this recipe time and again.
- 12oz (325g) best quality, thinly sliced ham
- 1 loaf brown bread, thin-sliced
- 1 stick (4oz) unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 level dessertspoon wholegrain mustard
- 2 scallions (spring onions) very finely sliced
- 2oz (50g) Parmig1ano Reggiano shavings
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- In a large mixing bowl, combine butter, mustard, and sliced scallions. Season them with salt and freshly milled black peppers according to taste. Mix well
- Take two slices of bread and spread butter on one side of each. On one of the slices, add a layer of thinly sliced ham and put grated parmesan cheese on top.
- Cover it with the other buttered slice of bread and gently press down.
- Trim the crusts and cut into three or four slices.
- Arrange the sandwiches on a serving dish and serve at once.
Leave a Reply