Panini sandwiches originated in Italy. Traditionally, they referred to small hot rolls of Ciabatta and Rosetta that are filled with salami, ham, cheese and slices of tomatoes. Today, there are a lot of available variations of the recipe. One of which is the vegetable mozzarella Panini recipe given below.
- 1 sweet red pepper, seeded
- 1 medium sized zucchini
- 1 eggplant
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of freshly ground pepper
- 1 roll of French baguette
- 3 cups of thinly sliced fresh Mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup of fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- Cut the vegetables into long strips.
- Brush the cut vegetables with olive oil and season according to taste. Then, grill them for at least 5 minutes on each side or until you see that they are cooked and ready.
- Prepare the bread by brushing the insides with olive oil. Toast the inside of the bread on the pan until it acquires a light brown color.
- Assemble the Panini by making layers out of the grilled vegetables, cheese and basil.
- If you wish, you may want to drizzle the fillings with a simple vinaigrette to enhance the flavor.
- Cut into smaller portions and serve while the sandwich is still warm.
Leave a Reply