Do you ever have turkey leftovers during the holidays? Do not throw them away. Turn them into this classic turkey salad sandwich and you’ll have a whole new variety of food treats to serve your family.
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) diced Granny Smith apple
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) diced Red Delicious apple
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) lemon juice
- 2 slices Roasted Boneless Turkey Breast 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) chopped walnuts
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) mayonnaise
- Egg bread
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Toss the apples and lemon juice in a mixing bowl. Add walnuts and mayonnaise and toss gently. You can also use a low fat mayonnaise alternative if you want. Set this aside.
- Cut the turkey breast into a quarter of an inch cubes. Season this with salt and pepper according to your preference.
- Add the apple mixture over the turkey cubes and mix them well.
- Take a slice of egg bread. Spread out a layer of lettuce and top it with the turkey salad.
- Put each turkey sandwich into a platter. Serve this immediately.
- This only takes a total of thirty minutes to make.
Leave a Reply