Amaretto Chocolate Cake is 100 percent Italian: filled with passion, sweetness and tempting goodness. Amaretto Chocolate Cake is a sweet, moist chocolate cake, which you can serve with whipped cream or ice cream.
- 3 eggs (separated)
- 1 c of light brown sugar
- 2 1/4 c of all purpose flour
- 1/2 c of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 c of granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 1/2 c of butter
- 3/4 c of brewed or strong coffee
- 3/4 c of amaretto liquor
For Amaretto Frosting:
- 6 tbsp of butter
- 3 tbsp of amaretto liquor
- 3 tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 lb of powdered sugar (sifted)
- 2 tbsp of brewed coffee
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour two 9 x 13 inch baking pans.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat egg whites until mixture is frothy. Add in granulated sugar gradually until stiff peaks start to form. Set aside for now.
- In another mixing bowl, cream brown sugar and butter until the mixture turns fluffy. Beat in the egg yolks, one at a time. Add in flour, baking soda and cocoa, and carefully sift. Add it to the creamed mixture and then add coffee. Blend well.
- Add egg whites and fold carefully. Afterwards, pour the batter into the earlier prepared baking pans.
- Bake into oven for 30 minutes. After wards, cool for another 10 minutes before you turn over the cake on a wire rack. Cool completely before you add any frosting.
- To make Amaretto frosting, cream together the confectioner’s sugar and butter. Later add in the cocoa powder, coffee (hot!) and amaretto. Blend until frosting is smooth.
- Top the first layer of cake with frosting. Then, place the second layer over the first and place frosting on both the top and the sides. Garnish with chocolate curls, and then serve.
Leave a Reply