Apple chiffon cakes are light cakes with sweet-tasting fresh apples. Apple cakes and apple pies are considered favorite baking recipes since a lot of people enjoy the warm and hearty apple-flavor. The best apple chiffon cakes are moist yet light cakes with caramel sauce. This particular recipe will be enough for more than a dozen people.
- Egg whites (6 to 7 large eggs)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup fresh apple juice
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 medium-sized McIntosh Apples (about 1 pound, peeled and coarsely shredded)
- 1 jar of caramel sauce
- The oven should be pre-heated to 325° Fahrenheit. Ready a 9 to 10 inch tube pan by greasing the sides and the bottom with butter.
- Beat the eggs until froth, use an electric mixer at medium speed.
- Once frothy, increase the speed of the mixer and slowly add the granulated sugar in small amounts. They are ready when they become glossy and have stiff peaks when lifted.
- In another container, beat oil, brown sugar, apple juice, vanilla extract and egg yolks together.
- Slowly add baking powder, flour, salt, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg. Add shredded apples.
- Fold the mixture into the egg whites and gently stir until well-blended.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes until the center is well-done.
- Drizzle with caramel sauce.
Leave a Reply