This delicious cake not only tastes really good but also smells extremely fragrant while it bakes. It’s a perfect delight for all your loved ones.
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 ½ cups applesauce
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups unbleached white flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ cup sliced dates (optional)
- ½ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- ½ cup raisins (optional)
- Confectioner’s sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat the butter and sugars together in a large bowl. Beat until mixture is smooth.
- Add into the mixture the egg white, applesauce, cinnamon, cloves, salt, and vanilla.
- Mix well.
- Add the flour and baking soda.
- Stir until well blended. If desired, add the dates, walnuts, and/or raisins.
- Pour that batter into a well-buttered pan.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees F for about 45 minutes.
- Let the cake cool a little, and then turn it over onto a serving plate.
- Dust with confectioner’s sugar if preferred.
Leave a Reply