It’s amazing how something flavored only with the most basic of ingredients and condiments can turn into a delectable pasta meal. With only a simple salt and pepper and fine herbs like the asparagus as flavor enhancers, you sure can cook up an asparagus pasta dish that will definitely awaken the palate.
- 16 ounces of elbow, rotini, penne or any pasta you have on hand
- 10 asparagus spears, trimmed into an inch piece with all woody stalks sheared
- 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise (low fat or not)
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 ½ tablespoons finely chopped almonds
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice and a teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper
- In a large bowl with little amount of salt, put asparagus and let it tender for a minute or two. Afterwards, sieve the asparagus out of the water and place it in a large safe bowl. Prepare ice water and let it sit in for a couple of minutes before cutting it into an inch piece.
- Cook the pasta until al dente, drain and set aside.
- Whisk together other ingredients. Put your trimmed, sheared, and sliced asparagus, add 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise finely chopped almonds, 2 teaspoons lemon juice, a teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce, and 3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar.
- Season it with salt and pepper and toss with the pasta. You can also allow the asparagus pasta to chill for at least an hour prior to serving, whichever way you choose.
Leave a Reply