This dish is similar with that of pasta carbonara and other pasta recipes made of richer and creamier white sauce. If you love to snack on bacon, try this bacon pasta dish. The rich flavor will surely satisfy your taste buds with just a modest amount of fat.
- 16 ounces or 1 package of pasta (orzo, elbow, or macaroni)
- 4 ounces bacon all cut into 1-inch piece
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 3 large egg whites
- ¼ ground nutmeg
- 1 cup of milk
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- Place your pasta of choice in a boiling bowl taking care not to overcook it.
- In the meantime, cook the bacon in a nonstick pan for 5 minutes or until the bacon comes to a crisp.
- Sauté garlic for a minute and put together other ingredients like white eggs, milk, and nutmeg.
Season your mixture with salt and pepper while constantly stirring the paste over medium heat or until the thickness of the sauce is visible.
- Once the sauce is rich, thick, and creamy, you can toss it over the pasta. And then sprinkle grated parmesan cheese together with ½ cup chopped parsley.
Leave a Reply