French baguettes are the ones commonly used in sub sandwiches, its flavor compliments and pairs well with other ingredients and having one will surely give your day a boost. These baguettes can actually be made right in your own homes so that you won’t have any problems having freshly baked baguettes everyday using your very own bread machine.
To make fresh and tasty baguettes, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 cup water
- 2 1/2 cups bread flour
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon water
- In a bread machine pan, combine the bread flour, yeast, sugar, salt, and 1 cup water. Select a moderate dough cycle and press start. Make sure that the dough has no lumps after the cycle has finished.
- Prepare a bowl and grease it with oil. Add in the dough and turn it on both sides to grease it. Using a plastic wrap, cover the bowl tightly and let it rest in room temperature for 30 minutes or until the dough becomes double its original size.
- Deflate the dough through punching it down lightly. Sprinkle flour lightly on your work area where you will be kneading the dough. Roll the dough into a 16×12 inch rectangle and cut it in half to produce two 8×12 inch dough rectangles. Tightly roll up each half of the dough. Pound out any air bubbles that occur while you roll the dough up. In order to taper the ends of the dough, roll it gently back and forth.
- Prepare a greased cookie sheet and place the dough 3 inches apart from the other half. Using
a sharp knife, make one long lengthwise slash on the loaves. Cover the loaves with damp cloth and let it stand 30 to 40 minutes or until the loaves double their size.
- Pre-heat the oven to 375F (190F). Create an egg was with a mixture of one egg yolk and one tablespoon water. Brush the mixture on each of the loaf before baking. Bake the loaves for 20 to 25 minutes or until the baguettes turn golden brown.
Leave a Reply