This simple recipe for baking powder biscuits is a quick one to learn. Even kids who have shown a liking for cooking and baking can do this on their own, as long as you supervise them and teach them the basics of kitchen safety. If you are wary of adding vegetable shortening to your biscuits, you can drum up some extra virgin coconut oil as an alternative.
- 2 cups pastry flour
tbsps vegetable shortening or extra virgin coconut oil
- 4 tsps baking powder
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- ½ tsp salt
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a large bowl and sift mixture twice.
- Pour vegetable shortening or extra virgin coconut oil into the mixture.
- Add whole milk. Use a knife or spatula to mix the batter until it becomes a soft dough.
- Pour some flour onto a wooden board and transfer dough into board. Knead the dough thoroughly until it becomes smooth.
- Use a rolling pin to flatten the dough into a sheet that is as thick as an inch. Cut small circles of dough and place on a buttered baking pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.
Leave a Reply