Bananas and chocolates are really a good combination, especially when in comes to muffins. Banana chocolate chip muffins are not only a good source of energy for everyone, they’re delicious and flavorful too!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2 med.)
- 3 tbsp. milk
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup unbleached flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line the muffin pans with papers or grease them well.
- In a bowl, combine butter and sugar and beat them with an electric mixer until they are fully mixed. After which, add all other ingredients except walnuts and beat at low power until the ingredients start to moisten. Turn to high power and beat to a smooth texture. Blend in the walnuts by hand.
- Spoon the butter into muffin cups, filling at least 2/3 of each cup. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 15-17 minutes until a tooth pick comes out dry after inserting it at the center of the muffins.
- Remove the pan from the oven and allow it to cool for 10 minutes before removing the muffins.
Leave a Reply