Blackened salmon with a little bit of seasoning can be great for a special occasion. This recipe is easy-to-make, and will leave you asking for more!
- Four salmon fillets, skinned and de-boned
- One tablespoon onion powder
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- Two tablespoon paprika, grounded
- One tablespoon cayenne pepper, grounded
- Two teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon white pepper, grounded
- ½ teaspoon black pepper, grounded
- ¼ teaspoon thyme, dried
- ¼ teaspoon basil, dried
- ¼ teaspoon oregano, dried
- In a mixing bowl, take paprika, cayenne pepper, onion powder, salt, white pepper, black pepper, thyme, basil, and oregano. Mix all these ingredients well.
- Apply about ¼ cup of melted butter on both sides of the salmon fillet. Sprinkle cayenne pepper on them. Drizzle one side of each of the fillets with the remaining melted butter.
- Put a skillet over high heat. Place the salmon fillets, butter side down, over it. Cook for about 2-5 minutes. In that time, the buttered side should turn black. Turn the fillet over to the other side. Drizzle the side with remaining butter. Keep cooking till the fish turns black and can be flaked with the help of a fork.
- You can now serve you blackened salmon.
Leave a Reply