It’s a quick and easy to eat recipe of chicken. Since the time it takes to prepare this dish is very fast, many prefer to eat it, whenever they feel the craving for it. This dish is best served with white rice. The taste is spicy, gingery and sweet, along with its crunchy and tender bites. There are many varieties to this recipe, including: orange-bourbon chicken, low-fat bourbon chicken, and stir-fried bourbon chicken.
- Chicken: 2 pounds
- Cornstarch: for dusting
- Oil: for frying
For the sauce:
- Ginger: 1/4 tsp.
- Garlic: 1 clove
- Ketchup: 2 tbsp.
- Light brown sugar: 1/3 cup
- Cider vinegar: 1 tsp.
- Red pepper: 3/4 tsp.
- Water: 1/2 cup
- Soy sauce: 1/3 cup
- Apple juice: 1/4 cup
- Cut the chicken breasts neatly and clean them. Piece them into bitable sizes.
- Dust the chicken pieces lightly with cornstarch.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and fry the chicken pieces separately in batches. Once they turn to brown color, turn off the stove and transfer the chicken gently on to paper-towels and keep aside.
- If baking, then do the cooking for 15 minutes inside an oven at a temp. of 425 degrees F.
For the sauce:
- Mince the garlic cloves and crush the red pepper flakes.
- Take a cooking pan, mixing all the sauce-ingredients; bring to a boil over moderate flame. Add the chicken chunks to it. Stir the content continuously over low flame and simmer for 15 minutes.
- When you are making orange bourbon chicken, sauté the almonds in butter.
- Sprinkle the slivers over the chicken pieces and fry them once more.
- Then after, cook the orange juicy- frozen concentrate over high flame until reduced by 1/3 part of the quantity.
- Then stir in the bourbon and again heat through.
- Once done, pour the entire sauce over chicken and drizzle with finely chopped almonds.
- If desired, you can thicken the sauce by adding additional quantity of cornstarch.
- Boneless thigh-pieces are a good choice for this recipe.
Leave a Reply