This is the perfect recipe for delicious caramel rolls. It may take some time before it’s ready to serve, but it is definitely worth the wait!
- 2 cups milk
- 2 (.25 ounce) packages active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 egg
- 7 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- Warm the milk in a saucepan until bubbles are formed, then remove from heat quickly. Let it cool until it becomes lukewarm. Using a small bowl, dissolve the yeast in warm water. Let it stand until it becomes creamy. This should take you about 10 minutes.
- Using a large bowl, combine the yeast mixture and the milk, sugar, oil, baking powder, salt, egg, and 3 cups of flour. Beat the mixture until it is smooth. Mix in the remaining flour, putting in ½ cup at a time, beating well after each half cup. When you have pulled together the dough, turn it our on a lightly floured surface. Knead the dough until it is elastic and smooth. This should take you about 8 minutes.
- Lightly oil a large bowl, put the dough in the bowl and turn to coat the top part with oil. Cover the bowl with a damp cloth and let the dough rise in a warm temperature until the volume doubles. This should take you about an hour.
- Heat the brown sugar and ½ cup butter until it is melted. Remove from the heat. Stir in the corn syrup. Part the mixture between two 9×13 inch baking pans.
- When the dough has risen, punch down and turn out on a lightly floured surface. Roll out the dough in a large rectangle and spread with butter. Dust with cinnamon and sugar. Starting with the long side, roll up the rectangle into a log, and then slice into 1-inch wide rolls. Put the rolls slightly apart in pans.
- Wrap the pans with aluminum foil and refrigerate for at least 12 hours but not longer than 48.
- Remove the rolls from the refrigerator and let it stand in a warm place until it doubles in size. This should take you about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake uncovered in the oven until golden brown or about 30 to 35 minutes.
- Invert pan on heat-proof serving plate immediately. Wait for about 2 minutes before removing the pan so that the caramel drizzles over the rolls.
pfizer online viagra
Leave a Reply