Be it a lunch or dinner party, or just a normal meal at home, cheesy potato can serve as a delicious side dish. The fact that it is really easy to prepare only increases its popularity.
- Six potatoes, thinly sliced
- One onion, chopped
- ¼ cup green bell pepper, chopped
- ¼ cup butter
- One cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- The first step to undertake when cooking cheesy potatoes is to preheat the grill. Set the heat at medium.
- Now, take an aluminum foil that is large enough to hold all the sliced potatoes. On one of its side, spray cooking spray. Place the sliced potatoes, onion, and green bell pepper in the middle of the aluminum foil. Sprinkle salt and pepper on it. Once this is done, place small cubes of butter over the layer of vegetables.
- Seal the edges of the foil carefully, so that the vegetables do not spill out. Place the sealed aluminum foil inside the grill, and grill for about 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, turn the sealed pack over to the other side and cook for 10 more minutes.
- Once cooked, remove the aluminum foil from the grill. You can check if the vegetables have been cooked by piercing a knife or fork through them. If it pierces easily, it means the vegetables are tender, and therefore, cooked.
- Open the sealed aluminum pack and sprinkle cheddar cheese all over. Allow the cheese to melt, after which you can transfer the dish on to a serving plate.
- The cheesy potatoes are ready to be served.
Leave a Reply