It is a well known fact that broccoli is extremely nutritional and healthy. It can be eaten semi-steamed, boiled or cooked with other vegetables.
When paired up with chicken, it makes a delicious and healthy food item. The calorie count of this recipe is relatively low. Once cooked, it makes a treat to the eyes, more due to its green color. The ingredients in this recipe can be stir- fried also.
Chicken broccoli can be cooked in different styles using variety of ingredients and sauces obtained in the market. The serving technique also differs, sometimes with rice or stuffed in the bread or chapatti rolls. It varies from taste to taste and also availability of the required items in the preparation of the dish.
Few names and types of this recipe available are:
Chicken-broccoli and feta on toasts
Chicken-broccoli Alfredo sauce
Chicken-broccoli stir-fry with Hoisin sauce
Chicken-broccolli lasagna in parmesan cheese custard
Chicken broccoli stuffed bread
- Chicken: 500 grams.
- Broccolli: 500 grams.
- Butter: 1 tbsp.
- Breadcrumbs: 2 cups
For the sauce:
- Cream: 1 cup
- Mayonnaise: 1 cup
- Lemon juice: 1 tsp.
- Curry powder: 2 tsp.
- Breadcrumbs: 1 cup
- Sugar, salt and pepper: as desired
- Cut and wash the chicken pieces thoroughly and cook them until tender.
- Wash and cut the broccoli into pieces, boil them and keep aside.
- Set the oven at 180 degrees C.
- Whip the mayonnaise, lemon juice, curry powder, pepper, salt and cream together.
- Mix the parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs.
- Layer the bottom of a baking dish with bed of cooked broccoli.
- Place the cooked chicken pieces over broccoli and top it with a nice pouring of prepared sauce.
- Grate the top with a little of butter and cook in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Serve it with boiled and mashed potatoes.
- Grape tomatoes, balsamic vinaigrette and green salad are good accompaniment for this dish.
- Boiled and mashed potatoes can be served with a cooked plate of chicken broccoli.
- Parmesan or any other cheese can be used in this recipe.
- The chicken should be boneless and cooked. If they remain hard, the real taste will not be obtained.
- If you are using spaghetti for making chicken broccoli in alfredo sauce, linguine is a good option.
Leave a Reply