If you are tired of eating beef or pork burgers, chicken burger is one of the best alternatives. The different texture of chicken is great for viand or sandwich filling. Below is a chicken burger recipe you and your family can definitely enjoy.
- 1 pound ground white meat chicken
- 2 cups coarse to fine fresh bread crumbs, divided (not canned)
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk
- 3 tablespoons grated sweet onion (or finely, finely minced)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse grained salt
- Cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- In a mixing bowl, place the ground chicken. Fold in the milk, half cup of bread crumbs, onion, cayenne, salt and pepper. This makes a very wet mixture.
- Place the rest of the bread crumbs on a cookie sheet or dinner plate. Divide the chicken mixture into four or five parts, depending on what size you want.
- Shape each portion into burger patties using your clean, bare hands.
- Coat each patty with bread crumbs.
- In a large non-stick pan, heat olive oil over medium fire. Fry the patties until golden brown.
- Serve the chicken burgers while hot.
Leave a Reply