This recipe is a combination of chicken and ham. Variety of cheese can be paired up with this. This is a sort of special preparation, not very often tried by many. It instantly changes your taste, giving you a refreshing new smack of chicken. It can be teamed up well with Moray sauce. Any other cheese of your taste can be used for making this dish.
Boneless breasts or other portions of chicken, ham, and Swiss-cheese make a perfect combination as an ingredient. It can be cooked in a crock pit or in an oven, depending upon the preference. Though it’s liked by all, it’s a hassle to make. It may be a one-dish meal, but it’s time consuming, and to top it all, you are supposed to get all the required ingredients. Or else, the end-product won’t come out nicely.
- Boneless halves chicken breasts: 6
- Swiss cheese: 6 slices
- Ham: 6 slices
- Chicken stuffing-mixture: ½ cup
- Garlic: as desired
- Cream of mushroom soup: ¼ can
- Milk: 1 cup
- Clean and wash the chicken thoroughly and place in a pressure cooker.
- Now cover the pieces, first with ham slices and then with the cheese slices.
- Make the chicken stuffing mixture ready as directed over the package, and sprinkle it evenly all over the chicken.
- Scramble the milk, mushroom soup and garlic together and pour evenly on top of the content.
- Whisk cream of mushroom soup and milk together. Pour over stuffing mix.
- Place the pot over low heat for a period of approximately 4 to5 hours.
If you are going to oven-cook, the procedure is as follows:
- Pound the boneless breast pieces of chicken until thin, and lay them over a parchment or waxed paper.
- Now spice them up with pepper and salt.
- Place the ham slices and then the cheese slices on top of each chicken piece. Either you can roll up the pieces one by one or just fold them in half. The idea is to have three
- layering together, i.e. the chicken, the ham and in the end, the cheese. This is the uniqueness of this dish.
- Grease a baking dish and place the rolled meat lined up over it.
- Dust it with breadcrumbs.
- Cook the content in an oven at 375 degrees for 20 minutes. But make sure to check, whether the rolls are intact.
- Once cooked completely, remove the dish from inside the oven.
- Cover the content of the baked rolls with cheese slices.
- Put back the dish back into the oven and cook until the cheesy layer starts bubbling.
- Remove it and it’s ready to serve.
- Serve your plate of chicken cordon bleu with lemon juice, garlic and green beans.
- Rice pilaf is also a good accompaniment.
- To keep the rolls intact, prick toothpicks on each roll.
- Do not pound the chicken too hard. They may get torn create holes resulting in falling apart.
Leave a Reply