Many prefer to call it a camping recipe due to its taste and cooking time. Moreover, it’s a one-meal item eaten with endless number of dishes or sauces in different styles. Good point about making this recipe is when you get time, make it and freeze it well ahead of serving time. You can add crusted almond and give it a different taste. If you add almond to this recipe, then it is a good idea to serve the fried chicken fingers with a dipping sauce like ketchup or honey-mustard sauce. Though almond contains a sweetness of its own, it will be equally spicy, depending upon the quantity you are putting into it. The preparation time for this recipe is approximately 30 minutes.
- Chicken: 2 lbs
- Breadcrumbs: 2 1/2 cups
- Pepper: to taste
- Salt: to taste
- Garlic: 1 1/2 tsp.
- Egg: 5
- Flour: 1 cup
- Olive oil
- Clean the chicken and free it from unwanted fat. Cut them into finger long pieces and keep aside.
- Take 3 bowls, keep the flour in the first bowl, and beat the eggs in the second and breadcrumbs in the third.
- Add pepper, garlic and salt to the flour, eggs and breadcrumbs. Mix all the bowl’s contents well separately.
- Take the chicken fingers one by one, dredging them first in flour, then in the egg mixture and lastly in the breadcrumbs. All the fingers should get coated thoroughly.
- Lay the entire layered finger on to a plastic-wrap or waxed paper and refrigerate them. This will prevent the chicken to form a solid frozen mass and easy to handle later.
- Once the fingers get frozen completely, take them out and fry in separate batches. Fry them well for min. 7-8 minutes. They should get fried well with golden brown color on both the sides.
- When done, place the fingers on paper towel to drain the excess oil. Cool them and serve with sauce of your choice.
- Ketchup is a good choice, since it is like by kid.
- The seasoning can be adjusted as per your taste.
- Tofu is a good option to make a variety.
- If you don’t eat egg, use vegan substitute.
- The pecan chicken can be oven-fried.
- You can decrease the calorie count of the recipe by substituting butter or vegetable-oil by fat free oil.
Leave a Reply