As it is evident from the name, this recipe is a combination of Marsala (the most famous wine in Italy) and chicken. It is very spicy and rich. Marsala is used in different dishes in both of its forms: dried as well as liquid. The dry form enhances the taste of a dish, whereas the liquid, for its being sweet, makes a great combination for desserts. Many prefer adding sherry instead of Marsala in desserts.
Lemon forms the most important ingredient of making a delightful dish of chicken Marsala. One of the best Marsala recipes is in an Italian restaurant, since it is a classic and traditional Italian recipe. It is basically a sauce eaten with steak and veal. It is simple to make and great to taste. In this recipe, Marsala wine and blended mushroom make the chicken pieces very tender. It feels like eating the melting bites of chicken.
- Chicken breast: 4 small (boneless and skinless)
- Oil: little, for greasing
- Mushrooms: 1 ½ cups
- Green onion: 2 tbsps.
- Water: 2 tbsps.
- Salt: ¼ tsp.
- Marsala wine: ¼ cup
- Garlic and pepper: as desired
- Note: In case Marsala wine is not available, you can use dry sherry.
- Thoroughly wash, clean and wipe dry the chicken pieces. Wrap them into plastic wrap and pound into a width of ¼ inch thickness. The pounding should be gently done, one piece at a time.
- Remove the wrap. Take a large shallow-bottom frying-pan and spray oil or spray coating over it. Heat it over moderate heat. Add the chicken breasts and cook them in batches for 5 minutes, until the pink color disappears and it becomes tender. Transfer the content onto a plate.
- Now put the chopped mushrooms, water, salt and green onions in the frying pan.
- Cook the mixture over moderate flame until the mushrooms chunks are tender.
- Allow the liquid to evaporate. It will take about 4 minutes.
- Now add dry sherry or Marsala to the pan. Heat it again.
- Once done, scoop out the vegetables and sauce over the arranged chicken pieces.
- Enjoy your delectable chicken Marsala ready!
- If desired, olive oil can replace butter.
- Types of mushrooms used can be button, or any other.
- You can flour the chicken pieces before putting them for frying.
- The serving dish can be garnished with roasted rosemary potatoes, gnocchi or garlic butter pasta.
- Balsamic glaze or oregano also adds up to a different taste. It’s a good variation in taste.
- The pouring of the vegetable and sauce should be just above the edge of the chicken pieces, but not completely submerging them.
- You can combine 1 tsp. each of dried thyme, cayenne pepper, onion powder, dried oregano leaf and black pepper to 2 tsp. each of salt and garlic powder and 2 ½ tsp. of paprika.
- Blend them thoroughly and store the mixture in an airtight-container. You can serve it with a truly delectable dish of chicken Marsala.
Leave a Reply