Quesadillas is a Mexican term and here, it is cooked with chicken. Usually, it’s prepared in 2 different ways, conventional and modern way. This chicken recipe is full of calorie and high in fat content. The seasonings and spices put into this dish, can be altered as per taste and availability. It’s said to be one of the easiest recipes of all Mexican dishes. It can be savored as a one full meal either in lunch or dinner. No doubt, it makes a favorite munchable-snack.
The chicken quesadillas can be given different taste, following different cuisine-style: like, grilled quesadillas, low-fat Michael and Mosley chicken quesadilla, crabmeat –quesadillas with tomatillo sauce, meat with quesadillas, foul weather cheese quesadillas, brie and papaya quesadillas, or chicken-quesadillas with avocado cream.
Fat free quesadillas is a favorite, in which fat free cheese and sour cream are added. Instead of chicken shreds, many prefer to add chicken broth. It gives a healthy and nutritious dish.
- Chicken: 4 breasts (boneless)
- Tortillas: 8, large
- Jack cheese: 4 cups
- Aluminum foil
- Guacamole: as desired
- Sour cream: as desired
- Salsa: as desired
- Paper towels: as desired
- Cilantro sprigs: 8 (with removed sprigs)
- Skillet or griddle
- Spatula / ladle
- Kitchen knife
- Cookie sheet
- Wash and clean the chicken neatly. Cut it into pieces and season with pepper and salt.
- Take a sauce-pan, boil some water and cook the chicken pieces until tender, falling off the bone. The meat can be separated from the bones once the content gets cooler. (Prior to the day of cooking it, you can keep the chicken shreds ready, or few hours before you start preparing). It will save the time spent, in one go.
- Set the oven at 200 degrees F.
- Take the tortillas and wrap them in paper towels. Place them in the microwave oven and warm for a while. Take care not to keep them inside for more than 2-3 minutes.
- Remove them one by one gently.
- Spread the shredded chicken across each tortilla pieces, until the meat is evenly layered on the half portion of the tortilla. The other half of the tortilla will overlap while folding it.
- Add ½ cup of shredded jack cheese per tortilla, and cover the cheese along the border of the spread chicken shreds.
- Drizzle 1 sprig of cilantro over each tortilla. Fold the other half of the tortilla over the stuffing.
- Heat a griddle or skillet and place the folded tortilla onto it. Allow it to cook and the cheese to melt. Turn the piece with a ladle or spatula, as convenient, and continue to cook for some more time. The roasting should be even, leaving either side evenly brown.
- Once the cheese is completely melted, remove them from the top of the stove, and place them on a cookie-sheet covered with an aluminum foil. Place the cookie-sheet in the oven to retain its warmth.
- Making of all the tortillas should follow the same procedure.
- Once all the tortillas are done and grilled, cut them into 4-5 wedges and dish out on a serving-plate.
- Top each tortilla wedge with salsa or sour cream.
- You can use frying-pan, griddle or skillet while making chicken quesadillas.
- You can swap the cheese type with the one you are getting.
- Once the dish is ready, you can top it with tomato, sour cream and lettuce.
Leave a Reply