Sausage is made with chicken, beef or pork meat. Vegetarians also have their own sausage coupled with various vegetables giving a lovely appearance like a sausage. Of all, pork and chicken sausages are favorite meat to many. Since sausages contain high level of fat, health-conscious people do not want to give it a try. Chicken sausages are supposed to be healthier than the pork ones. Apart from chicken, turkey meat is also a good substitute for the sausages. Sausages are actually a stuffing of minced and grounded chicken breasts or any other meat and it can be prepared at home.
For this, you might require a meat grinder or a sausage stuffer. Though it’s quite a daunting task and slightly tedious, the result is immensely pleasing. While making it, you can add a taste of your liking. Different sausages give different taste totally independent from each other. Italian sausages are very popular among sausage-lovers.
- Chicken: 375 grams, boneless and skinned
- Onion: 1, small
- Parsley: 1/2 tbsp.
- Chicken stock: 1/2 cube
- Apple: 1, small
- Breadcrumbs: 2 tbsps.
- Flour: for coating
- Vegetable oil: for frying
For the mashed potato:
- Potato: 1/2 kg.
Butter: 20 gm.
- Cabbage: 1 or 1/2, as desired
- Carrot: 1
- Frozen peas
- Tomato ketchup
- Get the chicken breasts ready, washing and cleaning it.
- Chop the parsley and onion finely.
- Crumble the chicken stock cubes.
- Peel the apple and grate it nicely.
- Keep the potatoes ready by chopping into chunks.
- Shred the cabbage and slice the carrot into thin slice for garnishing.
- Blend the apple, breadcrumbs, stock cubes, onion and parsley in a food processor for few seconds.
- Take equal quantity of ready mixture separately to form sausages.
- Dust the sausages evenly with flour.
- Heat vegetable oil in a pan and sauté the sausages for 15 minutes, flipping them occasionally until cooked and brown on all the sides evenly.
- Place the potato chunks at the bottom of a steamer, pour water and cook until the chunks are tender. Just before the cooking gets done,
- Place the chopped vegetables for garnishing at the top of the steamer. Cool the contents until done.
- Once the potatoes are tender, mash them, adding butter and milk.
- Give the mashed potato a half-circle shape. Place a chicken sausage under each potato dome and squeeze the ketchup in the shape of spiral snail. The steamed vegetables can be used to give the different attractive shape and appearance to the dish. The shredded cabbage can be used as grass.
- You can add small cooked shrimp for added taste and flavor.
Remember these 3 golden rules:
- Cook the sausages slowly
- Cut the links on both ends neatly with a sharp knife, and lastly
- Never prick a good sausage
Leave a Reply