The interesting part of making chicken spaghetti is the usage of chicken leftovers. Apart from chicken spaghetti, other meats or poultry can also be prepared. Spaghetti is a favorite to many and once chicken is included in the preparation, it adds a feather to its taste.
The taste being superb, you will wish to have an extra serving of it. The contents of the recipe vary depending on taste and convenience. Basically, it is less time consuming if you want to reduce the steps and make it fast. But for those who want to put additional flavoring and varieties into the recipe, it might take a little longer than expected.
- Chicken breast pieces: 1 package
- Chicken leg-pieces: 1 package
- Velveeta cheese spread: 8 ounces.
- Rotel tomatoes and peppers: 1 can
- Spaghetti noodles: 1 pound
- Margarine: 1 stick
- Mushroom soup: 2 or 3 can
- Onion: 1, small
- Bell pepper: 1
- Boil the chicken pieces until they are tender and start coming off the bone.
- Following the instructions over the package, cook the spaghetti noodles.
- In the meantime, separate the chicken bits from the bone and tear into tiny pieces. Set the chicken aside.
- Once the spaghetti is done, drain them. Don’t rinse the noodle-threads.
- Sauté the chopped onion and bell pepper with margarine.
- Add the tomatoes, soup, cooked chicken and spaghetti to the sautéed onion, one at a time and mix together.
- Top it with cheese, spread and cook until the cheese starts melting. Stir the whole content occasionally.
- For accompaniment, garlic bread is wonderful.
- Instead of cream of mushroom soup, you can use fettuccini alfredo-sauce or any other flavor sauce of your choice.
- Velveeta or any other cheese spread can be added to it.
- Bell pepper can be of any color.
- Other than margarine, you can use butter or any other source of cooking medium.
- If you are adding chicken broth, it should be slightly soupy.
- If you are going to bake your chicken spaghetti, bake it at 350 degrees F for an hour or so.
Leave a Reply