Here is the recipe for making a choco-date cake. This recipe makes 8 to 10 servings.
- 8 oz of Pitted Dates
- 6 oz of sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 c of all purpose flour (sifted)
- 1 1/4 c of water
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 1/4 tsp of baking soda
- 3/4 c of margarine or butter
- 1 c of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 1/2 c of quick cooking oats (but not instant)
- 1 pack sweetened whipped cream
- Combine the pitted dates and 1 1/4 cup water in a saucepan. Place over low heat and bring to a boil. Simmer and cover it up for around 10 minutes. Afterwards, remove saucepan from heat and set aside to cool.
- Combine together and sift flour, salt and baking soda in a single mixing bowl. Blend very well, and set.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix the butter or margarine and the sugar together. Cream together using an electric mixer set on medium, until the mixture turns light and fluffy. Add the 2 eggs into the mixture, one at a time and beat well.
- Add in the vanilla. Combine the creamed mixture and flour mixture, and blend well. Add in the date mixture, as well as the chocolate chips and the oats. Mix and blend thoroughly. Now, pour the entire mixture into a 13 x 9 baking pan.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake for 35 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes and serve.
Leave a Reply