Talk about sinfully delicious chocolate. The creation of these cupcakes is a dream turned reality for all you chocolate-lovers with the perfect chocolate frosting. Added to this flavor is the lightness of a sponge cake in the cupcakes.
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped, divided
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- Pre-heat the oven to 325 degrees F. and grease your muffin pan ahead of time.
- Put the butter and chocolate in a metal bowl. Place it over a saucepan of simmering water without the bowl touching the water. Wait till butter and chocolate melt then stir until well mixed. Let it cool and set aside.
- Afterwards, add sugar and egg yolks. Whisk them in then add flour and baking powder while stirring.
- Beat the egg whites in a bowl. Add the cream of tartar then beat at medium speed. Mix 1/4 of the whites into the chocolate mixture first, and then add the remaining whites.
- Fill the muffin cups with two-thirds of the batter. Bake for 25 minutes. Let it cool completely before removing from pan.
- Line a 4×2 1/2-inch mini loaf pan with plastic wrap. Melt the chopped chocolate in metal bowl over a pan of simmering water without the bowl touching the water. Put it into the loaf pan and let it cool until firm.
- To mold the chocolate into curls, remove plastic wrap and scrape using a vegetable peeler.
- In a saucepan, combine the remaining chocolate and whipping cream.
- Heat it over low heat while stirring regularly.
- Place the mixture on top of each cupcake then add the curls.
Leave a Reply