Chocolate Marble Cake reminds most of us of childhood. It is a perfect treat during tea time! Here is the recipe for making the perfect Chocolate Marble Cake.
- 1 pack (18.25 oz) of plain cake mix
- 1 c of canola oil
- 4 tbsp of butter (melted)
- 1 c of sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 2 oz of semi-sweet chocolate (coarsely chopped
- 1 tsp of pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp milk
For Chocolate glaze:
- 2 tbsp of butter
- 1 c of powdered sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp of cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 1 c of heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Take a tube pan and lightly spray with vegetable oil, and then dust with flour.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, oil, butter, sour cream, eggs and vanilla. Blend using an electric mixer set on low speed for one minute, and increase to medium speed for another 2 minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl, dissolve chocolate with water and milk. Refrigerate for later use.
- Pour the batter into the tube pan. Place the chocolate mixture by tablespoon over the batter. To create the marble batter, swirl the chocolate mixture lightly by using a knife.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for 40 to 45 minutes. Remove from oven and cool for 20 minutes.
- To prepare glaze: Using a small saucepan, melt butter over low heat and add cream and cocoa powder. Stir for 3 to 5 minutes or until the mixture thickens. Remove from pan and pour glaze on top of the cake. Let cool for 30 minutes, and serve.
Leave a Reply