What better way to enjoy a cup of coffee than to accompany it with a plate of sweet and decadent pastry? This recipe for cinnamon coffee cake is one many people have adapted to match the tastes and lifestyles of everybody. Easy and quick to make, baking cinnamon coffee cakes can also be a fun project for you and the children.
- 1 ½ cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 ½ tsps baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup sifted all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup butter, room temperature
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Combine ¼ cup all-purpose flour, brown sugar, room temperature butter, and cinnamon in a small mixing bowl. Mix ingredients together using a fork. This will serve as the topping for the cake. Set aside.
- Sift 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour into a bowl. Add baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Mix beaten egg with sugar and melted butter in a large mixing bowl. Pour milk and add vanilla into mixture. Slowly stir in the flour mixture as well. Mix the batter thoroughly.
- Grease a 9-inch square baking pan and pour batter inside.
- Sprinkle topping all over the surface of the batter.
- Bake in pre-heated oven at 375 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Let cake cool on a rack before cutting into small square pieces for serving.
Leave a Reply