Cinnamon swirls are moist and delicious and will definitely pair well with coffee or orange juice. Creating a quick and easy to make batter for cinnamon swirls will enable you to enjoy fresh and homemade cinnamon swirls that you can enjoy with others every day.
In making a quick and easy to follow cinnamon swirl recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Prepare the oven you will use for baking. Pre-heat the oven to 350F (175C). Grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan lightly. Using a small bowl, mix in 1/3 cup sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon; you will use this mixture later.
- Using a large bowl for mixing, add in flour, baking powder, salt, and 1 cup sugar.
On a separate bowl, combine eggs, oil, and milk. Combine the milk mixture and the flour mixture and mix them well until the batter becomes smooth and moist.
- Add in half of the batter into the greased loaf pan. Sprinkle in half of the cinnamon mixture made earlier then add in the remaining batter before topping it off with the remaining cinnamon mixture. Using a knife, make a
cut through the batter in a swirling motion to create swirls with the color of the cinnamon mixture.
- Bake the batter for 40 to 50 minutes or until the batter turns golden brown. Let it cool in the pan for ten minutes before transferring it to a wire rack.
Leave a Reply