Craving for some deliciously baked cupcakes? Try these mouth-watering coconut cupcakes with a luscious frosting. And you can easily bake them by yourself. Just gather the ingredients and follow the simple steps.
- 2 1/3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 eggs
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 1 3/4 cups shredded sweetened coconut, plus extra for decorating the frosted cupcakes
- 1/2 pound cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons (1 1/4 sticks) butter, at room temperature
- 3 1/3 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- Pre-heat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Sift flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl then put to one side.
- In another bowl, mix the oil, buttermilk, eggs, 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract, almond extract and sugar.
- Mix all the ingredients together slowly. Then add the dry ingredients and mix them slowly as well until it becomes smooth. Try not to overdo the mixing and then fold in the coconut.
- Place muffin cups into the muffin tins. Put 1/4 cup of batter into each cup.
- Put in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Then let them cool.
- First, beat the cream cheese slowly until it becomes smooth. Then add butter while still beating. Next, add powdered sugar. Add it while still beating also but not all at once. And finally, add the left over vanilla and mix with a standard mixer in medium speed until it becomes fluffy.
- Add 3 tablespoons of frosting to each cupcake, and then scatter some shredded coconut on top.
Leave a Reply