The corn muffin recipe below was originally introduced by an American entertainer, then tweaked in Southeast Asia. It was modified by using sweet yellow corns instead of the frozen ones. After 25 minutes of baking time, you’ll now have 12 large and delicious homemade corn muffins.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. of salt
- 1-1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup of yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 tsp. of baking powder
- 1/2 cup of milk
- shredded corn from 2 cobs
- Shred the corn using a sharp knife, but be careful not to cut too close on the cob. Simply scrape off the ones you cannot cut.
- In a large mixing bowl, place the softened butter, sugar, honey and eggs. Beat with a wire whisk or hand mixer until smooth.
- Add the flour, baking powder salt and yellow cornmeal into the mixture. Mix them together while pouring out the milk.
- Once smooth, fold in the shredded corn into the batter.
- Pour the batter into muffin cups.
- Bake the muffins in a preheated oven for 25 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.
- Allow them to cool then serve.
Leave a Reply