Corndog is an all-American favorite found as a staple in fairs, picnics, beach parties, and fast food services. With this easy corndog batter recipe, your kids can easily enjoy this all-around favorite without you having to wait around for the next fair. Ingredients are easy to find and dish can be served in less than 20 minutes.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup yellow cornmeal
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons bacon drippings
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 ¼ cups buttermilk
- 1 quart frying oil
- 2 pounds hotdogs
- Make the batter by mixing the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt, and bacon drippings in a large bowl.
- In a heavy skillet, pre-heat oil up to 365 degrees.
- Stir and make a well in the center of the batter. Add the egg, buttermilk, and baking soda into the center then mix everything thoroughly until smooth.
- Let the hotdogs
dry. Use paper towels to pat them if needed.
- Stick barbeque sticks into the hotdogs and dip them in the batter one by one.
- Dip a few hotdogs at a time into the hot oil and let them fry until golden brown or as crisp as you want them.
- Drain on paper towels to get rid of excess oil.
Leave a Reply