Almost every cooking enthusiast has the desire to learn the cream of potato soup recipe. Who wouldn’t be; since it is one of the favorite soups of all time, and it is easy to prepare. It is also easy on the budget; one can instantly make a fried chicken and rice combo special.
- 3 cups diced potatoes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery stalks
- 1 and ½ cup chopped large onion
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup grated cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup cream
- 1/3 cup diced cooked bacon
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Cook diced potatoes by boiling it until it becomes tender.
- Set aside the cooked potatoes.
- In a pot, melt the butter under medium-low heat and sauté the carrot, celery, onion, pepper, salt and thyme for ten minutes.
- Include flour and the chicken broth in the pot. Stir occasionally for another ten minutes.
- Add the potatoes and simmer for ten more minutes.
- Remove the pot from heat and add milk to thicken it further.
- Serve it while it is hot.
Leave a Reply