Want to prepare a romantic dinner at home? Try Cajun shrimp. It will definitely spice up your love life, without any extra effort.
- 12 shrimps
- 1¼ olive oil
- ½ cup white wine vinegar
- Two tablespoons garlic, minced
- ½ cup tomatoes, stewed
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- One cup long-grained rice
- One tablespoon butter, unsalted
For Cajun spice mix:
- ¼ cup salt
- Two tablespoons cayenne
- 1½ tablespoons onion powder
- One tablespoon garlic powder
- One tablespoon paprika
- One tablespoon, white pepper, grounded
- One tablespoon black pepper, grounded
- Two teaspoons dried basil
- Two teaspoons chili powder
- 1½ teaspoons dried thyme
- One teaspoon nutmeg
- One teaspoon mustard, grounded
- Mix all the ingredients required to make Cajun spice. Place it in a re-sealable plastic bag.
- Take some oil, vinegar, garlic and the Cajun spice, mix well, and place the mixture into another re-sealable plastic bag. Place the shrimps inside the bag. Mix well and seal the bag again. Place the shrimp marinate into the refrigerator for about three hours,
- While the shrimps get marinated, soak wooden skewers. Also, cook the rice. Take the shrimps out of the marinade bag and attach them to the skewers.
- Heat a pan over medium heat. Add two tablespoons of oil to it and make sure it spreads all over the pan’s surface. Reduce the heat a little. Now, place the skewered shrimps on the pan and pour the marinade all over it.
- Crush the tomatoes with your hands and add them to the pan. After the shrimps have been in the pan for about a minute, turn them over. Sprinkle dry white wine over the shrimp in the pan. Keep stirring the ingredients of the pan so that they do not burn.
- When the shrimps turn pink in color, remove them from the heat. Cook the sauce in the pan for another two minutes. Add butter into the pan. Whisk the butter till it melts and the sauce starts to look a bit glossy. Add salt and pepper to it.
- Scoop some white rice on to a plate. Now arrange the skewered shrimps on the rice in a pattern of your choice. Pour the sauce over the shrimp and the rice. The Cajun shrimp is ready to be served.
Leave a Reply