Here’s a great indulgence for the sweet tooth in you. Treat yourself to a chocolate experience with the devil’s food cake.
- 9 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1½ Cup cake flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- 4 oz. butter
- 1½ Cup of granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ Cup coffee
- ½ Cup milk
For the frosting:
- 10 oz. of coarsely chopped chocolate
- ½ Cup of water
- ¾ Cup of butter, unsalted
- Put the rack on the center of the oven. Preheat to 350 degrees F.
- Put butter on two 9×2 pans and line it with parchment paper
- Sift the cocoa powder, flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder in a medium sized container.
- Beat the butter and sugar continuously for about 5 minutes until the mixture turns smooth and creamy. Put the eggs one by one.
- Combine the milk and coffee together. Stir in half of the ingredients which are dry and combine it to into the butter mixture. Put in the milk and coffee. Stir in the remaining dry ingredients.
- Put the batter into the 2 cake pans and bake it for 25 mins. Allow the cake to cool before you start to frost it.
- For the frosting, have the chopped chocolate melted with cream.
Leave a Reply