Donuts are among the fried bread varieties that are easy and enjoyable to make. If you wish to try it out, here is a simple donut recipe that you can try at home.
- 1 cup of warm milk
- 5 teaspoons of yeast
- ¼ cup plus a pinch of sugar
- 2 cups of all – purpose flour
- ½ cup of warm mashed potatoes
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- Make the yeast mixture by combining the warm milk, yeast and a pinch of sugar.
- Stir and let it sit for at least 5 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine the all purpose flour, mashed potatoes, salt and ¼ cup of sugar.
- Combine the two mixtures and add 2 tablespoons of oil to form a dough.
- Knead the dough in a floured surface for at least 3 to 5 minutes.
- Spread the dough into at least ½ inch thick and cut donut shapes out of it.
- Start heating the oil into 350 degrees Fahrenheit and set the donuts aside to let it rise for at least 10 minutes.
- Deep fry the prepared dough until golden brown and put on a wire rack to cool.
- Once cooled, you are ready to coat your donuts with the topping of your choice.
Leave a Reply