In the South, where the best homemade biscuits were traditionally made by women, drop biscuits were clearly distinguished from rolled ones. The irregular, lumpy shape of drop biscuits makes them only suitable for ordinary days, while rolled ones were for special occasions. Drop biscuits taste just as good, though. This particular recipe is a special one and truly marks the line between biscuits for ordinary days and extraordinary biscuits. Recipe makes a batch of one dozen biscuits.
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 tsps baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp sugar
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 cup cold buttermilk
- 8 tbsps unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 2 tbsps melted butter
- Pre-heat oven to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar in
a large mixing bowl.
- Pour buttermilk in another mixing bowl and add 8 tablespoons of melted butter. Stir until the mixture forms little clumps at the bottom of the bowl.
- Put buttermilk and flour mixtures together. Stir using a knife or spatula until all ingredients have been incorporated together. Batter should be a lump of dough that does not stick to the sides of the bowl.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a greased ¼ cup measuring spoon, scoop a level amount of batter and drop onto baking sheet. Biscuits should not be higher than 1 ¼ inches and not larger than 2 ¼ inches in diameter.
- Scoop the rest of the batter and drop biscuits with a space of about 1 ½ inches away from each other.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown. Let biscuits cool on a rack before serving.
My wife glad to see me in action again
I’m gonna buy new bed this week, haha. Generic viagra fast delivery
! More information regarding generic medications can be found at this link. We can give you a 100% guarantee for it!
Leave a Reply