Easter cupcakes are just perfect to make the occasion even more special. The essence is in their decorations, but the cupcakes have to be just as special. But remember, they don’t have to be difficult nor cost much of your time and effort. Try this easy-to-do recipe.
- 1 cake mix of your preferred flavor
- 1 pound powdered sugar (1/2 of 2 lb. bag)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Food coloring
- colored sugars
- Choose your favorite cake mix.
- Read the directions given on the cake mix package and prepare as directed.
- Fill in the muffin tins with cupcake paper. Pour into each with the batter until 2/3 full. Bake for 25-30 minutes or as directed on the package.
- Allow to cool before decorating.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Beat until the mixture is light and creamy.
- Depending on the number of colors you want, divide the frosting into lesser amounts separating them in bowls.
- Add the food coloring to the frosting of the color you wanted.
- Add the frosting to the cupcakes of the colors you chose.
- Decorate your cupcakes with the colored sugars, non-pariels, sprinkles, dragees, coconut, and candy for that Easter touch.
Leave a Reply