This is a great alternative to your usual chocolate cake dessert. Try making this flourless chocolate cake recipe and be delighted minus the gluten of course.
- 12 ounce or 340 g of semi-sweet chocolate, which is 45-50% cocoa
- 5 tbsp or 1/3 cup butter
- 5 tbsp or 1/3 cup milk
- 5 tbsp or 1/3 cup finely ground almonds
- 4/5 Cup or 180 grams of sugar
- 1 tbsp of baking powder
- 4 medium sized eggs, separated
- Heat the oven beforehand to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a 9-inch or 23-cm cake pan with paper parchment
- Chop the chocolate to small chunks and melt it with milk and butter in a double boiler.
- While beating the egg yolks, add the sugar
- Fold in the chocolate and butter
- Fold the baking powder and the almonds
- Beat egg whites until the mixture turns frothy while using a mixer. Add the remaining sugar gradually.
- Fold in the whites of the eggs.
- Bake at 350 deg for about 40 minutes. (this kind of cake looks like a pie when baked)
- The flourless chocolate cake can be served hot or cold and with whipped crème on top. Dust a cocoa powder on top before serving. You can also add powdered sugar.
- To achieve a cinnamon-like flavor, add 1 tsp. of cinnamon powder and combine it with almonds.
- To enhance the almond, add almond flavoring beforehand. This will give your cake added taste and variety.
Leave a Reply