Fried shrimp is much simpler to prepare than you might have thought. And since it is a popular snack, you will probably be making it again and again.
- Two pounds raw shrimp, shelled
- Two quarts oil
- Three cups flour
- Six eggs
- Three cups bread crumbs
- ½ cup water
Baking sheet lined with wax paper
- Slice the back of a shrimp only till the ¾ of its length. Take the three bowls, and fill the first one with flour. Put bread crumbs in the second bowl. In the third bowl, add the egg yolk and water. Make sure the egg yolk and water are mixed well together.
- Take a shrimp piece and dip it into the flour mixture, with the cut side down. Sprinkle some flour over the shrimp piece, and press it into the flour so that the shrimp becomes flat at the cut. Pick up the shrimp piece now and put it into the bowl with the egg yolk and water.
- Make sure that the shrimp gets well-coated in the egg mixture before dipping it into the bread crumbs bowl. Repeat the procedure followed in the flour bowl with the bread crumbs too.
- Place all the coated shrimp pieces on a baking sheet lined with wax paper, so that they do not stick to one another. If you want, you can freeze the shrimp pieces. Frozen pieces are easier to fry.
- However, if you want to fry them immediately, take a pot and half fill it with oil. Heat the oil. Place all the shrimp pieces into the hot oil.
- Fry the shrimp till they turn golden brown in color. You can serve the fried shrimp now. You can also serve cocktail sauce along with it, as it serves as a wonderful accompaniment to the fried shrimp.
Leave a Reply