Explore your creativity and add any of your favorite fruit, vegetable in this delicious basic Fruit Bread recipe. Discover your adventurous side by adding spices too!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup shredded apple
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease one 4 ½ x 8 ½ inch loaf pan.
- Combine 3 cups all purpose flour, 2 teaspoons baking powder, 1 teaspoon baking soda, ½ teaspoon salt, 1 cup white sugar, ½ cup vegetable oil, 2 eggs, 1 cup shredded apple, ¾ cup chopped walnuts,
and ½ teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Pour the batter in prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 35 to 40 minutes. Check for doneness by sticking a toothpick in and see if it comes out clean.
One cup of your desired shredded fruit or vegetable may be used in this recipe. Depending on what you use, you may want to add some water into the mixture. Try adding 1 tablespoon at a time, until the ingredients are evenly moist.
Leave a Reply