Unlike traditional muffins which are flavored with fruits or chocolate, ginger muffins are made from ginger, an herb used to spice up your dishes. In the same manner, ginger adds spice to these muffins for a totally unique taste like no other.
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 canola oil
- 1/4 cup light cream cheese
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- Powdered sugar
- Place the baking soda in a bowl and add boiling water until it’s dissolved.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, salt and baking powder.
- In another bowl, place canola, cream cheese and brown sugar.
- Beat with a medium speed electric mixer until well combined.
- Place the mixer on low then add molasses slowly while beating.
- Next, add the baking soda paste and the flour mixture. Beat on low power just until they combine.
- Add the egg substitute and beat everything until all are moistened through.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a muffin tin with oil. Pour batter into the muffin cups until 2/3 full.
- Bake for twenty minutes until the muffin tops bounce back when touched.
- Remove from the oven then sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Leave a Reply