Halloween cupcakes are absolutely fun for the kids and a great way to start off celebrating Halloween. All you need is a little bit of time, and a whole lot of imagination. Try this cool and fun filled recipe.
- 1 (18 ounce) spice cake mix
- 1 (15 ounce) solid pack pumpkin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can prepared frosting
- Pumpkin Candies
- Spider Candies
- Decorator Frosting
- Food Coloring
- Sandwich Cookies
- Chocolate Cookie Crumbs
- Gummy Bugs and Worms
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Prepare cupcake papers and put them into your cupcake pan. It would be even better if you could slightly grease them.
- Mix the cake mix, pumpkin soda, eggs, and water in a bowl that is large enough to contain them. Beat the mixture on a low speed using a mixer until fully mixed, then increase to medium speed and continue for 1 minute.
- Using a spoon or ladle, put the batter mixture into the prepared cupcake pan. Fill each about 2/3 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 375 degrees F for 20-25 minutes. The cupcakes are done when you touch the top and it rises back as it is.
- Let them cool for 15 minutes before removing them on the wire racks to cool completely.
- Use a prepared frosting but you can add food coloring to get the colors you want. Frost the cupcakes and add decorations using the candies and cookie crumbs. And as for that Halloween feel, use the gummy bugs and worms to make the cupcakes look creepy. And use the decorator frosting to write “RIP” or draw a picture of a grave and a spider web.
Leave a Reply