This is a perfect substitute to the usual traditional ham served during the holiday season. It’s easier to prepare and can be made ahead of time. This is a sure fire hit at your holiday dinner table.
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cup crushed saltines
- 2 pounds ground fully cooked ham
- 1 pound ground pork
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- Combine the eggs and the crushed crackers in a large bowl. Mix in the ground ham and ground pork. Crumble the two latter ingredients into the first two.
- Shape the mixture
into balls about 1-½ inches. Place the ball in greased baking pans with the size of 15 x 10 x 1 inches. Place in a preheated oven (350 degrees Fahrenheit or about 176 degrees Celsius). Bake until lightly browned or for 40 minutes.
- To make the Sauce: Mix into a saucepan the brown sugar, cider vinegar and the mustard. Bring the sauce to boil and cook for about 2 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Remove the ham balls from the oven and drain it. Pour the sauce into the ham balls and coat them evenly by tossing it. Replace it into the oven and cook for another 10 minutes or until it become glazed. Serve.
This recipe makes 16 servings.
Leave a Reply