Lemon cupcakes are delightful and delectable sweets. And even their smell is delicious already. With the tasty cupcake and its refreshing lemony flavor, it is sure to brighten up your day. The frosting makes them even more appetizing. They are perfect for an afternoon tea. It is also easy to bake so you can share it with your friends and family. Here is a simple recipe that you can easily work with.
- 3 1/2 ounces (90g) of softened butter
- 3 1/2 ounces (90g) of softened cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons of finely grated lemon rind
- 2/3 cup of superfine(castor) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of all-purpose (plain) flour
- 1/3 cup of self-raising flour
- Pre-heat the oven to 325 degrees F (160oC).
- Then grease your cupcake pan ahead of time, or you could use muffin cups and put it in a baking pan. You could also choose to use cupcake papers instead of greasing.
- In a bowl that is large enough, put the butter, cheese, lemon rind, sugar and eggs. Mix and then beat until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Sift the flours together and then add them slowly to the mixture. Beat slowly or until they are well combined.
- Pour the batter evenly into the pan.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Spread with a frosting of your choice. A cream cheese frosting will do well with lemon cupcakes.
Leave a Reply