Lemon pepper chicken is a versatile recipe and various modifications can be done with this.
Since vegetables and spices vary from one recipe to another, they receive different titles, like lemon-pepper chicken sauté, lemon-pepper chicken pops, lemon-pepper garlic chicken, lemon-pepper roasted chicken, lemon-pepper chicken wings, microwaved lemon-pepper potato, lemon-pepper with rice and lastly, lemon-pepper with carrots and potatoes. It makes a good leftover.
For its preparation, Dutch oven lid for a grill is recommended. If it is not there, a gas or charcoal grill also works fine. Many like to add garlic as an essential item to it.
- Chicken breast halves: 4 (4 oz.)
- Catalina Salad dressing: 1/4 a cup
- Red-pepper powder: 1/8 tsp.
- Dijon mustard: 1 tbsp.
- Black pepper: ¼ tsp.
- Worcestershire sauce: 1 tsp.
- Buy boneless and skinless chicken breast-halves and wash them thoroughly. If desired, clean off the fats on it. Pat them dry.
- Rub the mixture of black and red pepper all over the chicken breasts.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard and salad dressing and make a paste. Now brush this paste on the breast pieces nicely.
- Place the coated breasts onto a baking tray and bake them at a temp. of 375 degrees F for 25 minutes. Check that the breasts should be no more pink in color. Once done, remove them and keep aside.
- Before serving, heat up the leftover dressing-mixture and serve along side the cooked pieces.
- You can use a reduced calorie Catalina salad dressing for health and nutrition factors.
- You can use the lemon-pepper seasoning available at the market.
- Instead of the sauce and dressing, you can add bouillon cubes also.
- The lemon-pepper seasoning tastes great on vegetables, fish, steak, and vegetables such as green beans or broccoli.
- Lemon peel can also be added.
- If you prefer it sweet and sour, add 1 tbsp. of brown sugar.
Leave a Reply