Try this at Thanksgiving in place of high-cal candied yams, and this will surely be an all time favorite. If you’re tired of the usual corn and carrots, then give your taste buds a different vegetable treat with this seasoned appetizer. It’s easy, tangy, and low in fat what more could you ask?
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 pound lentils
- 5-6 cups of water
- 4 cups veggie broth
- 1 bag of spinach
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 can sliced mushrooms
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Melt butter in a large skillet or wok over medium heat. Sauté onion in hot oil until tender crisp for 2-3 minutes.
- Add 4 cups of veggie broth and cook over medium to high heat. Once the mixture comes to a boil, put the lentils and let it simmer for another 20-30 minutes.
- Add the carrots in the mixture. Test the vegetables and lentils for doneness. Once done, add the spinach and mushrooms. It is important that you put the spinach and mushrooms at the final part so as not to overcook the vegetables.
- Place in soup bowls and sprinkle parmesan cheese all over for a creamy taste.
Leave a Reply