If you perceive that only premier restaurants can produce a good Manhattan clam chowder recipe, you are wrong. This seemingly difficult recipe can be prepared by non-experts at the comfort of their own home. Do you feel like serving this soup to your family tonight? Then here is the Manhattan clam chowder recipe:
- 2 cans of clams
- 1 and ½ cup of diced bacon
- 24 oz. evaporated milk
- 1 cup of chopped large onions
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 cup diced plum tomatoes
- ¾ cups of butter
- 2 cup of diced potatoes
- ¼ cup dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/3 chopped fresh parsley
- 1 ½ cup of grated carrot
- 1 cup chopped celery
- Salt and pepper
- Drain the clams and keep the clam juice. Chop the clams finely.
- In a sauce pan, fry bacon on its own fat in medium heat until it is slightly brown.
- Add carrots and celery and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the clam juice, potatoes, water, bay leaf, pepper and dried thyme. Simmer under low heat for ten minutes.
- Add the plum tomatoes and crush them with a spoon against the pan. Cover and bring to a boil for another ten minutes.
- Include the chopped clams.
- Remove the bay leaf and add the parsley.
- Add salt and pepper to improve flavor.
Leave a Reply