Here is a recipe for those who are sick of the usual spaghetti afternoons. Truly, this minestra recipe will uplift every bored soul.
- 4 cups of water
- 2 cups of cooked egg noodles
- 1 cup of dried pinto beans (cranberry beans can be used as substitute)
- 1 cup minced pork
- 1 cup grated Romano cheese
- ¾ cup minced onions
- 2/3 cup carrots
- ½ cup minced garlic
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 and ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- Cook beans by boiling it in water until it is tender. Drain and set it aside.
- Sauté minced pork, garlic and salt in olive oil until the fat is extracted from the pork.
- Include celery, carot and onion and mix until the ingredients softens.
- Add water, put under medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat level and let it simmer by covering it then stirring it occasionally for one hour and a half.
- Add pepper.
- Remove from heat and process the mixture in a blender until it is smooth.
- Return the processed mixture on the pan and add pasta. Cook under low heat.
- Serve with grated cheese on top.
Leave a Reply