This mocha chiffon recipe makes a delicious moist cake with four layers. It has a yummy chocolate-coffee butter cream filling and sweet chocolate fudge frosting. For the perfect final touch, you can set some chocolate covered coffee beans on top of the frosting.
- ¾ cup boiling water
- ½ cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 1 ¾ cups flour
- 1 ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 8 egg whites
- 8 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour four tube pans.
- Sift cocoa, instant coffee, sugar and flour together.
- Add oil, vanilla and egg yolks. Beat at medium speed until blended well.
- Use an electric mixer and beat the egg whites and cream of tartar at high speed.
- Fold the egg whites into the batter.
- Since we are to make four layers, you can use four tube pans, or use only one and slice the whole cake into four. Bake the
pans two at a time for 17 to 20 minutes. If you are using only one pan, let it bake for an hour or so.
- Spread coffee cream butter filling between the layers.
- Once assembled, frost the whole cake with chocolate fudge frosting.
- You can try other kinds of fillings and frost that would complement the mocha cake.
- Chill and serve.
Leave a Reply