These rolls are fluffy white flour dough mixed with shredded orange rind, sugar and butter as fillings. These are zesty and tangy rolls which are ideal for parties or other special occasions.
- 3 tablespoons active dry yeast
- 2/3 cup warm water
- 1 cup butter, diced
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups scalded milk
- 2 egg, lightly beaten
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 14 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons grated orange zest
- Soften yeast in 2/3 cup lukewarm water. Leave for 10 minutes until creamy.
- Mix ½ cup sugar, salt, and diced butter in a large mixing bowl, and then add hot milk. When the butter has melted, let stand until warm.
- Add in eggs, flour, and yeast into the milk mixture and beat thoroughly to make a gluey dough.
- Lightly grease a bowl, put in the dough and flip to coat with oil. When done, cover the bowl with slightly wet cloth. Place it inside the refrigerator and leave overnight to allow it to rise.
- Take out the dough from the fridge, about 2 hours prior to baking.
- Cut the dough into two. Knead each half on a floured surface and then spread over to form a ¼” thick rectangle.
- Meanwhile, combine one cup sugar, orange rind, and softened butter in a bowl. Beat until well-mixed.
- Spread the orange mixture over the top of the rectangular dough and then close it by rolling over the dough and sealing the edges.
- Slice the long roll into small equal parts and place in greased baking cups. Let stand until it rise to twice its original size.
Preheat the oven at 400 degree F and bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
Leave a Reply